Process Engineer I
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
To ensure continuous improvement, timely implementation of new processes and new products to production, specifically new equipment qualification, process validation and change/noncompliance management, in close cooperation with QA, Production, Dental Technology and R&D departments.
- Responsible for undertaking process improvement and process transfer projects as well as other activities listed below in the assigned areas of responsibility with direction from Process Engineering Manager, Director of Technology, and/or Production Managers:
- Qualification/Validation of new equipment and processes
- Nonconformance and change management
- Troubleshooting of production problems, implementation of preventive and corrective actions
- Process improvement: cost reduction, increasing productivity including automation
- Provide technical leadership in production environment based on good understanding of processing-structure-properties relations related to current and new products and processes within the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for overseeing activities related to troubleshooting of the current production processes in close cooperation with QA, Production and R&D.
- Responsible for overseeing activities related to implementing new processes and transfer of new products to production in close cooperation with QA, Production and R&D.
- Conduct pilot scale experiments and tests needed to develop and/or improve production processes.
- Write specifications and test methods for new and existing production processes.
- Delegate sample preparation as necessary for testing to Production and QA staff.
- Supervise non-routine maintenance, repairs and modifications of new and existing production equipment.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- BS in Materials Science, Glass Science or Ceramic Engineering.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Basic overall understanding of processing-structure-properties relations for engineering ceramics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, electrical aptitude a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and a hands-on approach.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and time manage workload.
- Analytical thinker who uses data analysis to make decisions.
- Ability to travel both domestic and international.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Ability to use a computer workstation, sometimes for extended periods. Occasionally required to sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time in a manufacturing environment. May be required to climb stairs, bend, kneel and lift items to perform functions of the job. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds comfortably. Mechanical dexterity and ability to operate, hand tools, power tools, and large pieces of equipment.
Join us on our journey to shape the future of dentistry
Ivoclar Vivadent is one of the world’s leading dental companies with 3600 employees. We love innovation and we thrive on it. We are known for our long-standing experience and high quality. We are guided by our strong values and the company culture of a sustainably operated family-owned business with a long-term vision.
Our mission is making people smile
In order to achieve this goal we are looking for people with good ideas, courage and exceptional drive: focused minds who share our passion. We offer a multifaceted work environment, which is characterized by mutual respect and close collaboration. We translate words into action and continue to evolve. Become part of our team today.
Ivoclar Vivadent Manufacturing, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet.