AB Technician I - 12 Hour Night Shift
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
To manufacture high quality dental products for commercial sale.
- Execute all policies, procedures and work instructions associated with this position to fulfill Ivoclar Vivadent Manufacturing, Inc.’s Quality System.
- Partake in all aspects of the Manufacturing Process. Obtained by training on all required SOPs, WMs, MPSs, and other applicable department related procedures.
- Adhere to building safety and security procedures in the performance of all duties.
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Comply with 5S requirements
- Keep accurate records within Device History Record of all production work performed
- Record KPIs and daily output values via shift reports
- Communicate and coordinate activities with previous and following shift.
- Operate any and all pieces of equipment and machinery associated with this which include but are not limited to casting equipment, glass melting equipment, heat treatment ovens, sorting systems, adhesion equipment, packaging equipment and label makers
- Perform in-process quality checks on products being produced.
- Demonstrate technical expert knowledge in departmental processes.
- Monitor and keep level of product defects at minimum.
- Adjust process parameters to reduce product defects.
- Work with Production Supervisor and Process Engineer to implement process improvements.
- Utilize good judgment and learned knowledge to assess and solve problems as they arise in the production process.
- Train new employees and participate in cross-training when required.
- Replenish components from storage areas.
- Notify Lead and Supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Maintain Good Documentation Practices (GDP) at all times
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) at all times
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 year experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office; Word and Outlook experience helpful.
- Be able to utilize Ivoclar systems software including but not limited to: QUMAS, LMS, and SAP.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Quality conscious and excellent organization skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify waste as defined by Lean principles.
- Ability to accurately gather and maintain information and data.
- Ability to understand and utilize Lean tools.
Ability to lift a minimum of 44 pounds comfortably. Ability to reach for parts up to 36” away on work surfaces heights between 0” to 60”. Ability to ascend and descend ladders, bend and kneel. Position could involve sitting, standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day. Ability to use a computer monitor and move about effectively to fulfill the essential functions of the job. Manual dexterity and ability to operate machinery.
Join us on our journey to shape the future of dentistry
Ivoclar Vivadent is one of the world’s leading dental companies with 3600 employees. We love innovation and we thrive on it. We are known for our long-standing experience and high quality. We are guided by our strong values and the company culture of a sustainably operated family-owned business with a long-term vision.
Our mission is making people smile
In order to achieve this goal we are looking for people with good ideas, courage and exceptional drive: focused minds who share our passion. We offer a multifaceted work environment, which is characterized by mutual respect and close collaboration. We translate words into action and continue to evolve. Become part of our team today.
Ivoclar Vivadent Manufacturing, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet.