IT Service Desk Technician
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
Supports the Information Technology Service Desk Manager with global information technology strategies by coordinating resources and maintaining all IT related equipment in order to sustain all IVMI business processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve various day-to-day issues regarding desktops, laptops, printers, and copiers.
- Train users to use any IT related equipment and software when necessary.
- Assist in all IT related projects including but not limited to telephony system, video conferencing, wireless barcode scanning applications, labeling software, etc.
- Update and complete all necessary documentation and report to the IT Manager/IT Service Desk Manager providing current status of ongoing projects and issues.
- Answer staff questions in person and via phone regarding company supported applications.
- Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more Windows or non-Windows based operating systems.
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Install, configure, & maintain client computers and servers on an Ethernet network.
- Work in conjunction with Ivoclar Vivadent Global IT team to maintain all company information system standards.
- Perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
- Maintain site software licenses for department/organization.
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications and assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
- Install various hardware and software for network and workstation implementation.
- Monitor and maintain the effective utilization of network and workstation resources.
- Maintain documentation for use by computer users and Information Services personnel.
- Load patches and upgrades to Windows workstations from local servers or from the internet.
- Monitor network backups and support file restoration requests.
- Support network printing and print servers.
- Two-year technical degree and two to three years of IT experience
- Minimum two years working in a networked corporate environment in a support position. Excellent knowledge of Windows Client and Windows Server, TCP/IP network concepts, Microsoft Office, network backup software.
- Knowledge of a range of computer networking systems and languages to include Windows Server or similar computer networks.
- Knowledge of computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and related hardware and software. Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to provide technical training to end users.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Work with users requires interpersonal skills. This is normally acquired through a combination of an Associate’s Degree and two to three years of networking experience.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally when needed.
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese would be a plus.
Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend for extended periods of time. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs comfortably.
Join us on our journey to shape the future of dentistry
Ivoclar Vivadent is one of the world’s leading dental companies with 3600 employees. We love innovation and we thrive on it. We are known for our long-standing experience and high quality. We are guided by our strong values and the company culture of a sustainably operated family-owned business with a long-term vision.
Our mission is making people smile
In order to achieve this goal we are looking for people with good ideas, courage and exceptional drive: focused minds who share our passion. We offer a multifaceted work environment, which is characterized by mutual respect and close collaboration. We translate words into action and continue to evolve. Become part of our team today.
Ivoclar Vivadent Manufacturing, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet.