Facilities and Infrastructure Coordinator
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
To support the Facilities & Infrastructure Manager in all activities related to the Facilities & Infrastructure Department. The Facilities & Infrastructure Coordinator will be the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking support and information from the Facilities & Infrastructure department. Specific responsibilities will be to provide administrative support and office functions including: work order coordination, security badge and access assignments, daily office operations, maintaining office records and contracts, coordinating project activities and providing general support services to the Facilities staff.
- Assist in or coordinate the maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical infrastructure systems (including but not limited to HVAC, electrical and backup power systems, compressed air systems, chilled water systems, plumbing systems, sprinkler systems).
- Assist in or coordinate the maintenance and repair of building structural components including walls, roof, windows, doors, paved areas in accordance with building lease requirements.
- Implement scheduled maintenance programs on mechanical, electrical and building infrastructure with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Coordinate external maintenance providers for facilities infrastructure and utility equipment, schedule work with outside service vendors, and monitor performance of outside service vendors.
- Assist in or manage furniture and office moves and setup of rooms for company functions.
- Coordinate facility maintenance staff under direction of the Facilities and Infrastructure Manager to ensure timely completion of facilities maintenance activities according to priority.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of IVMI company vehicle(s) for employee and visitor use, schedule annual maintenance and up keep for all company vehicles including shipping/receiving vehicles.
- Schedule and monitor use of company vehicles by IVMI employees or visitors.
- Assist Facilities and Infrastructure technicians with preventive maintenance or repair of facilities and infrastructure equipment as needed.
- Manage projects at the discretion of the Facilities and Infrastructure Manager, Project manager and Director of Business Development aimed to design, procure, install, start up, and document new facility equipment.
- Coordinate facility maintenance activities with other departments to minimize production downtime, protect products, and ensure safety of plant personnel.
- Power user for CMM systems for the facilities group.
- Utilize CMM systems to schedule, monitor and document facilities maintenance activities.
- Utilize good documentation practice and maintain appropriate documentation of maintenance records, technical documents, plans, drawings, vendor lists, catalogs, etc.
- Monitor use and maintain inventories of spare parts, supplies, and equipment required to support maintenance and repair of facilities and infrastructure.
- Process purchase requisitions and invoices to support facilities maintenance.
- Participate in scheduled emergency on-call time service as required.
- Operate within existing safety guidelines.
- Trains and mentors other team members(new hires, etc.) as required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from a trade school with related experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance and/or facilities experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, with a proven history of increasing responsibility.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Power Point) and SAP, with the ability to learn new applications.
- Must be skilled in all phases: plumbing, HVAC, electrical, safety, and state regulations.
- Universal HVAC license a plus
- Solid mechanical aptitude and knowledge of electrical systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems as needed.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to organize effectively, prioritize and manage time.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work overtime/weekends on an as needed basis.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
Ability to walk or stand for extended period of time. Some occasional heavy lifting involved. Ability to work at heights above 6 feet. Ability to work outdoors during all seasons, including on roof surfaces. Frequently communicates with employees and outside vendors. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Join us on our journey to shape the future of dentistry
Ivoclar Vivadent is one of the world’s leading dental companies with 3600 employees. We love innovation and we thrive on it. We are known for our long-standing experience and high quality. We are guided by our strong values and the company culture of a sustainably operated family-owned business with a long-term vision.
Our mission is making people smile
In order to achieve this goal we are looking for people with good ideas, courage and exceptional drive: focused minds who share our passion. We offer a multifaceted work environment, which is characterized by mutual respect and close collaboration. We translate words into action and continue to evolve. Become part of our team today.
Ivoclar Vivadent Manufacturing, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet.