Lead Zirconia Technician - 2nd Shift
Location: Somerset, New Jersey
To lead Zirconia Technicians in the day-to-day production activities to effectively manufacture high quality products for commercial sale.
- Execute all policies, procedures and work instructions associated with this position to fulfill Ivoclar Vivadent Manufacturing, Inc.’s Quality System.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in departmental processes.
- Perform PPE and equipment safety check at start of shift.
- Train new employees and cross train employees as needed. Certify trainee has reached required proficiency.
- Maintain Standard Work practices and modify as needed.
- Keep accurate records of all production work performed and track KPIs.
- Coordinate staffing and equipment utilization.
- Substitute for operators not present at work station.
- Perform equipment status check at beginning of shift.
- Communicate and coordinate activities with previous and following shift.
- Maintain a 5S system.
- Perform non-routine (abnormal) work in order to sustain productivity.
- Inspect product for defects.
- Problem solve abnormalities and defects.
- Conduct SAP transactions required to deliver material into inventory.
- Work with Production Supervisor and Process Engineer to implement process improvements.
- Assist in calibrating equipment.
- Train on all required and applicable company procedures.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office; specifically, Word and Excel. SAP experience required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively lead a team.
- Strong general mechanical aptitude.
- Quality conscious and excellent organization skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively coach and provide feedback to team members.
- Ability to train new team members.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to identify waste as defined by Lean principles.
- Ability to accurately gather and maintain information and data.
- Ability to understand and utilize Lean tools.
Ability to lift a minimum of 44 pounds comfortably. Ability to reach for parts up to 36” away on work surfaces heights between 0” to 60”. Ability to ascend and descend ladders, bend and kneel. Position could involve sitting, standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day. Ability to use a computer monitor and move about effectively to fulfill the essential functions of the job. Manual dexterity and ability to operate machinery.
Join us on our journey to shape the future of dentistry
Ivoclar Vivadent is one of the world’s leading dental companies with 3600 employees. We love innovation and we thrive on it. We are known for our long-standing experience and high quality. We are guided by our strong values and the company culture of a sustainably operated family-owned business with a long-term vision.
Our mission is making people smile
In order to achieve this goal we are looking for people with good ideas, courage and exceptional drive: focused minds who share our passion. We offer a multifaceted work environment, which is characterized by mutual respect and close collaboration. We translate words into action and continue to evolve. Become part of our team today.
Ivoclar Vivadent Manufacturing, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet.