Location: Somerset, New Jersey
In collaboration with the Production and Process Engineers, ensures equipment and manufacturing processes are in working order, while designing and fabricating production tolling.
- Assist Maintenance, Engineering, and Production in machine/equipment repairs for manufacturing.
- Develop new, innovative tools and fixtures for new and existing equipment to improve productivity and reduce maintenance and manufacturing costs.
- Maintain machine shop equipment, sharpen tools and continually improve machine shop resources as needed.
- Polishing and resurfacing production tooling.
- Problem solve for process prototype requiring engineering and fabrication.
- Study specifications, blueprints, damaged tools and machine parts to determine nature and dimensions of parts to be fabricated.
- Select metallic and nonmetallic materials to be machined; measure, mark, or scribe dimensions and reference points on to the stock preparatory to machining operations.
- Set up and operates lathes, milling machines, precision grinders, drill presses, band saws, sharpers and other powered metal-working tools to machine parts to specified dimensions.
- Use precision measuring devices such as height gauges, micrometers, Vernier calipers and dial indicators to verify conformance of machinist pieces to specifications.
- Use mechanic’s hand tools such as files, scrapers, mallets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and riveters to fit and assemble parts.
- Operate gas and electric welders to install finished assemblies or to join/build up metal surfaces of parts to be machined or repaired.
- Design and construct jigs and special tools to facilitate the machining, assembly or disassembly of parts and assemblies.
- Makes estimates of time and material required to complete an assignment.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Required minimum of 3 years experience as a Machinist Apprentice or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of machine shop equipment including but not limited to engine lathe, knee milling, surface grinder band saw, drill press and other assorted machinist tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems using schematics and diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to research parts, vendors, and literature online, and develop requisitions for needed materials.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Soled Works or CAD/CAM.
Frequently completes machine/equipment repairs. Ability to lift up to 40lbs. Ability to stand, walk, bend, and kneel for extended periods of time. Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service items when needed.
Equipment & Machinery Used
Engine lathe, knee mill, surface grinder band saw, drill press and other assorted machinist tools. Hand and power tools as supplied by the Maintenance department. Computer and AutoCad, Soled Works, CAD-CAM software the latest release. Other equipment and machinery as required.
Join us on our journey to shape the future of dentistry
Ivoclar Vivadent is one of the world’s leading dental companies with 3600 employees. We love innovation and we thrive on it. We are known for our long-standing experience and high quality. We are guided by our strong values and the company culture of a sustainably operated family-owned business with a long-term vision.
Our mission is making people smile
In order to achieve this goal we are looking for people with good ideas, courage and exceptional drive: focused minds who share our passion. We offer a multifaceted work environment, which is characterized by mutual respect and close collaboration. We translate words into action and continue to evolve. Become part of our team today.
Ivoclar Vivadent Manufacturing, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet.